Blank Admin Page.

Blank Admin Page.

by Alamir Correa -
Number of replies: 6
I have installed Moodle 1.5.2 in a Win2K environment (locally). Although I have other newbie issues, it works flawlessly. I tried to upload all files but config.php to my webserver (linux). After first two pages, when I fill in info about mysql file, login and password, I get to myserver.com/admin/index.php, but it is a blank page.

When I installed it locally, I ended up with several pages stating success upon updating sql db.

Tried a different approach by a fantastico installation on my webserver. All is well, however:
a)  I cannot use htmlarea editor, especially with Firefox (sometimes IE works);
b)  If I click on Administration link, I will get a blank admin/index.php response (I have to edit address line to go to main root or any other address on site.

Tks.

Alamir.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alamir Correa

Re: Blank Admin Page.

by Simon Allison -
I too get the administration link, blank admin/index.php. Did you find a solution?
In reply to Alamir Correa

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Check the logs of your web server (usually apache). You will find some error strings there that should help in debugging the issue.

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Ricardo Ismach -
I had similar problems when upgrading, both versions 1.5x an 1.6 dev.  Specifically, the blank screen early in an install/upgrade when the Admin page (moodle/admin/index.php) was first called. 

After flailing around, I finally buckled down to troubleshoot by inserting echo statements as I stepped along...  I found that the upgrade (or a fresh install) was hanging when the function upgrade_activity_modules($return) (in moodle/lib/adminlib.php) tried to upgrade the lams module.  In turn,  moodle/lams/lib.php calling nusoap turned out to be the culprit.  When I commented out this line: 

//require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/lib/nusoap/nusoap.php');

Voila!  Back in action.  The problem is that the soap libraries (e.g., class.soapclient.php and such) are missing in my distribution.  I haven't yet tracked them down...

Ricardo

In reply to Ricardo Ismach

by Julian Ridden -
I can confitm this problem and solution. It still exists in the nightly 1.6 buils as we speak.

The solution above works. But, if your not using LAMS, I would recommend just uninstalling this module.
In reply to Ricardo Ismach

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Maybe your PHP version includes SOAP by default, and this may be the source of the error (redefinition of existing classes). Could you have a look at http://your.moodle.site/admin/phpinfo.php and see if there is any trace of SOAP there?

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Ricardo Ismach -
You are correct!  My ISP has SOAP enabled...  For what its worth, the LAMS configuration page comes up fine, asking for some URLS...  I'll dive into LAMS sometime real soon now.

Gracias,

Ricardo