Maybe we should hide useful developery posts from the front page feed

Maybe we should hide useful developery posts from the front page feed

by Dan Poltawski -
Number of replies: 1

I really like the 'useful posts' front page feed and the way we expose those posts on twitter and so on. I think its a nice way to see interesting discussions I wouldn't normally spot.

As a developer myself, I really dislike that so many posts exposed here are developer/technical focused posts. It seems developers are quite good at rating posts as useful and it seems recently that every time I look at the front page feed its a hardcore developer topic - not at all interesting to new Moodle users.

I know that some people really like that users and developers mix in the same place here on moodle.org, but I worry that these posts give the impression that this is the place for developers and not users.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Poltawski

Re: Maybe we should hide useful developery posts from the front page feed

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Would be nice if we could display the top posts in your interests - so developers can still have them, but by default the interest do not include developer forums.

A possible use of the new tagging features?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)