Avoid re-asses

Avoid re-asses

by Mario Calabrese -
Number of replies: 2

Hi moodlers,

There is any possibility of avoiding re-asses in workshop activity ?

I would like that once assessed a peer, an assessor can not change idea.

Thanks
Mario 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mario Calabrese

Re: Avoid re-asses

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mario.

No, I don't think there is such an option. As long as the Workshop is in the assessment phase, reviewers can edit and change all allocated assessments.

This was actually seen as a good feature. Reviewers might be too strict or too relaxed on the first assessed submission and only after having assessed the 3rd, 4th, 5th, ... n-th one, they can realize they want to change their initial assessment.

In fact, after assessing couple of submissions, reviewers can also realize they had not understood the topic that well, they can (and should!) learn something new from assessing others' work and they should be able to reflect this new experience into the assessment.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Avoid re-asses

by Mario Calabrese -

Thank you David for your answer.

I understand this point of view, and agree with it. 

Anyway, sometimes Workshop activity is used in classroom situations, and students have to evaluate peers "live" and in a one-shot mode. But I can use settings and provide tight limits for assessment phase.   

Best regards
Mario