"All courses" link on Home Page = Moodle 3.05

"All courses" link on Home Page = Moodle 3.05

by Janice Johnson -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

1. How can I remove the link to "All courses" on the home page?  Note, only the authorized users and students see this link.  The link is not there when I log in as admin.
  2. Also, I don't want students or authorized users to have any access to "All courses".  How can I remove access? 

Thanks,

Janice

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janice Johnson

Re: "All courses" link on Home Page = Moodle 3.05

by Lesli Smith -

Hi, Janice.

First, go to Site Administration>>Appearance>>Navigation and make sure the "Show all courses" tick box is unchecked on your site. If it is ticked, turn it off. If it is already off, you might be running into an issue that happens only for users who are not enrolled in three or more courses. Users who are enrolled either as teachers or enrolled as learners in at least three courses will stop seeing that link if that box is unchecked.

How did I handle it in those situations? On sites where most of my incoming users were enrolled in only one or two courses, that link would still show up for me unless I made the decision that only 1 (maybe 2) courses would be accessible on the main landing page--or unless I enrolled everyone in a "Commons area" course that had simple orientation materials or organizational marketing docs and general resources in it. This course then pushed their total enrollments higher for the purposes of Moodle turning off that link for me, whether they ever went into the commons area or not.

Other options: If you make the dashboard the default landing page, users with low course enrollments aren't as likely to see that link.

Hope those suggestions are helpful. Best,

Lesli

Attachment How to make sure all courses link is turned off.png
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Lesli Smith

by Janice Johnson -

Thanks Lesli!  That is the best explanation that I have seen in these forums.

Enjoy your weekend.

Janice

In reply to Janice Johnson

by Markus N. -

Also thanks Janice! That is really helpful.

But: as soon as I am using the dashboard instead of the website after login I didn't found any chance to get a course list including the course description and the course image (as I will get it on the start website). It there any chance to achieve this also with a dashboard?

In reply to Lesli Smith

by Klaas Hobo -

Thank you for this information!

It really helped me out as I was trying a lot with visibility of courses and could not really find the right combination. That you mention that some courses are always visible when not enrolled in three or more courses was the winner!!

Also I got rid of the 'all courses list' in some blocks by changing CSS code and put that in the theme.  Not really the best solution maybe but it works wink.

Regards,

Klaas