Select student/moodle user from dropdown list?

Select student/moodle user from dropdown list?

by Daniel Buza -
Number of replies: 4

I am looking into creating an entry log for teachers consisting of not much more than the authors name, entry date, text box to write up entry and the student the entry reffers to. 

As all our students are registered on moodle I was wondering if there is a way of having a drop down box with the list of registered users rather than having to create and update a name list manually or having staff write the students name.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Buza

Re: Select student/moodle user from dropdown list?

by Itamar Tzadok -

Teachers (or users with the manageentries capability) can edit the entry owner via the pattern [[EAU:edit] ]. In browse mode this pattern displays the entry owner name just like the [[EAU:name] ] pattern. In edit mode it displays a dropdown of the activity students (or rather the activity gradable users). Does that fit your use case? smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Daniel Buza -

Thank for your response. I have had a play with what you suggested, however the problem I have is that I need both the name of the teacher who made the entry and the student the entry is for. So far from what I can see EAU:edit changes the entry auther therefore not allowing me to see who actually made the entry.  

In reply to Daniel Buza

by Itamar Tzadok -

What you need requires a specialized field type. Incidentally I started working on such a field but had to put that on hold. smile