Install stuck on plugin check

Install stuck on plugin check

by Jonah Johnson -
Number of replies: 2

I am trying to install Moodle (version 3.02) on our own Windows Server 2012 R2 machine. PHP 5.6 is running along with the latest version of IIS. The database is MariaDB and I got that set up all alright. I am able to get the web install to launch fine and after it does the server check it gets stuck on the plugin check page. It acts like it is trying to upgrade a none existing version of Moodle since this is a new install. I click continue on the bottom of the page and it does nothing for awhile and then comes back to the same page. I am never able to get past this page.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonah Johnson

Re: Install stuck on plugin check

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Just at first glance, I would suspect the problem lies with the PHP version. I would guess it needs something a bit more recent.... like 5.6.17 or v 7.0.1. It shouldn't get stuck there at all, but that was the problem the only time I experienced a similar issue, upgraded the PHP, it just ran past the problem and installed in just minutes.  No idea why this happens, but it does. 

At second glance, IIS and PHP don't always play nicely together. The *.ini files both need specific permissions and connections to work, apparently. Never having used IIS, that is really all I know about it, sorry... 

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Install stuck on plugin check

by Jonah Johnson -

Thanks for the reply Colin! It was an issue with PHP. I ended up download PHP through IIS and it worked just fine after that. Glad I got it going because I was ready to throw my computer across my office. smile