Moodle 3.0 very slow on IIS

Moodle 3.0 very slow on IIS

by josh vonhauger -
Number of replies: 3

I am testing moodle 3.0, and i have noticed that it is extremely slow.  It is a windows install, and from what i can see 3.0 auto launch functions do not require any iis config  ( love that ).   the machine does not have any users on it so i figured a dual core with 4 gig of ram and ssd would do fine for testing, but its a painfully slow.  The machine is 64 bit, and php accelerator looks to be for 32bit.   before i go throwing hardware at it what can be done in the mean time ?  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to josh vonhauger

Re: Why is 3.0 running so slow

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Josh, which IIS is  that you're using? IIS express or the one coming with server?

Your specs looks absolutely fine to me to handle some 45-60 concurrent users without slowing down, as when I tested on VM allocating 1 CPU with 1.5G RAM, it was rendering pages instantly and I wasn't even on SSD like you're. Have a look at my blog post setting up Server with IIS for Moodle HERE, and see what you've been doing differently.

In reply to josh vonhauger

Re: Why is 3.0 running so slow

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Dual core (physical?) machine with 4 GB and SSD, painfully slow even for a single user? Think again before you throw more hardware at it, there is something fundamentally wrong with your installation. Carefully follow https://moodle.org/mod/forum/post.php?forum=94 for some indications where it could be and come back.

P.S. Please don't hijack discussions!