Shared Login between multiple moodle site

Shared Login between multiple moodle site

by Prabath Perera -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

My use-case is, I want to setup multiple moodle site (3) on sub domains. These 3 systems should share a single user base. I prefer to have a transparent session handling as well. Where if user logs into a.cd.com and then visits (without clicking mnet link) b.cd.com user should be automatically logged in there as well.

User's have the ability to use social logins, email based registration both. I would like to have at least one single user database option. In this case whenever user registers from one of the sites, those details should be pushed to common user table/db.

Reason is I have 3 moodle systems for a single user group (e-learning marketplace) but three systems have very different UI and advance feature set such hierarchical user management, gamification. I have few ideas to implement this as a authentication plugin. I was wondering whether there are solution already available. 

Also would like few pointers on transparent session/login handling. I was thinking of storing session in DB and there use cookie to fetch logged in user and login in that user automatically. Is there a better way to do this? Any downside doing this way?

Average of ratings: -