Multiple Assignments - Student Self-Selection

Multiple Assignments - Student Self-Selection

by Pongo Snodgrass -
Number of replies: 1
From an end-user trying to find a solution...

I have looked extensively in the documentation and can't find anything close to what we would like - an assignment activity is possibly the closest I can find and apologies if I am off topic.

This must be a fairly common requirement : we would like to have staff create a list of "projects", and for students to self-select from this list. Ideally, selecting (and rating) their first 5 choices. In a perfect woorld there would be some algorithm to work out the optimal distribution of "projects" to students (although I realise this is far from what an assignment is and does).

It seems there was a "Project Module" once worked on but development seems to have stopped almost 10 years ago.

Other aspects of what we would like to do for the assessment, such as Multiple Markers and Mutliple Grading plugins are available by assignment/project allocation is still missing.

With thanks,

JS

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pongo Snodgrass

Re: Multiple Assignments - Student Self-Selection

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Pongo,

Have you considered the Dataform plugin? You can restrict Dataform content with this additional plugin (see HERE). See also the discussion "Entry Choice." 

With kind regards,

Hartmut