Assignments with submissions not recognizing participants

Assignments with submissions not recognizing participants

by Kevin Graham -
Number of replies: 2

Greetings.

I am having some issues with my company's moodle servers. We are currently using moodle 2.9. After our upgrade from 2.6 to 2.9 the first class cycle we used file submissions and workshops for a few of the assignments and everything worked fine. Each assignment recognized the full number of participants and allowed us to do the full grading and feedback as would be expected.

However, in each course iteration since then, the same assignments accept submissions, allow us to download them in one big .zip file but the 'participants' count lists 0 (zero). The same thing happens for the workshops where the 'expected' count lists 0 (zero).

We have checked the permissions, as well as the course participants and everything appears to be in order. All students are listed. We have also attempted to create new assignments with and without file submissions, create new courses (backup and restore method), as well as re-enroling users into the class to see when this issue occurs. Unfortunately none of those methods has been successful in forcing the assignments to recognize all the participants or enrolled users.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Graham

Re: Assignments with submissions not recognizing participants

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Are you updated to the new assignment version?  Did you upgrade all your assignments?

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Assignments with submissions not recognizing participants

by Kevin Graham -

Our last import of the assignment module was a little while ago and I have gone through and executed the module/activity update functions on all the courses. The interesting thing is that both the assignment submissions and the workshop activities works the first iteration that we implemented them but since that time we have had no luck.