Retrieving results from manager role

Retrieving results from manager role

by Marta García -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everybody!

I have registered wrongly some participants as managers and now I cannot see their results in the quiz. Of course I know can update their role and ask them to do it again but I would not like to do that. Is there any chance that I can retrieve that information?

Thank you very much and kind regards. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marta García

Re: Retrieving results from manager role

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If Moodle has not already automatically deleted these attempts, you can retrieve them by editing the data direcitly in the database.

You need to look in the quiz_attempts table, (perhaps search by userid or quiz id). Change the value in the preview column from 1 to 0, if you can find the right attempts.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Marta García -

Hello Tim,

Thank you very much for your quick answer. Attemps are in fact in the database with the value preview to 1 so we could do the update you suggest in the database.  We will try that in the development environment. Is it safe to update this column without having any impact in the Moodle database model?

Thank you again!!

In reply to Marta García

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You should update that column ASAP (before Moodle decides to delete the previews). You are only changing the vlaues, not the structure of the database, so no worries.