Course completion to not include hidden quiz

Course completion to not include hidden quiz

by Miriam Butcher -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and wondering if anyone has insight into my current Moodle issue. I'm using version 2.9.1+.

I have added a quiz to a course and have restricted access to the quiz for 4 of our course groups (using the Group restriction within the quiz) - making it only visible to all other course groups, and hidden from the specific 4 groups.

The condition for course completion is set to 'Course Grade' with the required course grade of 100.

Students in the group with restricted access still have their course completion dependent on the quiz that they can't access. ie. they cannot be marked as 'complete' for the course as this quiz has not been completed (but they can't access it to complete it).

Does anyone know how I can exclude the hidden/restricted quiz from the course completion requirements for the students in those groups that can't access this quiz?

Basically what I am trying to achieve is have this quiz available to new course groups only, without it affecting course completions of the pre-existing students in those 4 groups, in the same course.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miriam Butcher

Re: Course completion to not include hidden quiz

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Miriam, I haven't investigated your question thoroughly, but am wondering if you can utilize the 'manual completion by others' section in the Course Completion settings to help with your issue. Could you do a test to see if having a teacher mark those few students as complete will satisfy the Course Completion to your satisfaction? I don't know if that would conflict with the 'Activity Completion' settings you have, or if it would work along side it.

In reply to John Provasnik

by Miriam Butcher -

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the slow response!

That's an idea worth looking into, I will investigate it further - it will depend on whether I can have some users in the same course (but a different group) have their 'completion' dependent on one completion requirement, and the others dependent on the other completion requirement. Fingers crossed!

In reply to Miriam Butcher

by Miriam Butcher -

Thanks again, John. I've tried it out and I think It will be a good workaround!