Moodle3 - local_mass_enroll

Moodle3 - local_mass_enroll

by mimi nom -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

The "local_mass enroll" module that allows teachers to enroll existing users to their courses using a csv file has not been updated, it doesn't work with moodle3, It's an excellent module. I like it. Teachers in our university use it a lot.

Do you know why this module has not been updated ??????? Do you know another module that does the same thing ??????

Thank you in advance for your help, it is very urgent

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mimi nom

Re: Moodle3 - local_mass_enroll

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In most situations, a single question mark is enough - adding extra ones doesn't really help.

Why has it not been updated? Because neither the original developer, nor anyone else, has chosen to update it and publish a new version. If this is urgent for you, then it should be easy to find and employ a freelance developer who can make any changes required to get it working with Moodle 3.0 ( http://moodle.com is a good starting place ).

Does it work with Moodle 3.0? You say it doesn't work, but is that because you have tried it, or is that just because the plugin entry has not been edited to state that it has been tested with Moodle 3?

In reply to mimi nom

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The core user upload tool can be used to add existing users to courses from a csv file

https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Upload_users

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by mimi nom -

I tried this module with moodle3, I noticed that it doesn't work. It's urgent because we have to update moodle to the latest version and this module doesn't work with moodle 3. And as I said before, teachers in our university use it a lot. I contacted  the maintainer of this module, he is working on a new release that he will publish soon. 

Richard Oelmann: With this method, only administrators can do this, I am looking for a tool that allows teachers to add existing users to their courses with csv file. local_mass_enroll does it.

In reply to mimi nom

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

hmm - OK

I thought it just required the capability

require_capability('moodle/site:uploadusers', context_system::instance());

which you can reset to allow teachers or whoever you want by editing role capabilities to give teachers that right.

But OK, if its not the tool you want, that's fine, it may be an option for someone else who comes across this thread when searching smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)