Showing Specific Feedback for ALL answers (multiple choice)

Showing Specific Feedback for ALL answers (multiple choice)

by Oliver Trampleasure -
Number of replies: 2

Info:

• Problem: Display specific feedback for all answers, regardless of whether or not they were selected
  • Question Types: Multiple Choice

Questions:

1. Which renderer file should I edit?
  2. Which line of that file should I remove a logic check from?

----------------------------

Hi 

I'd like to show specific feedback for all answers in a multiple choice question, regardless of which have been select by a student. I realize this is abnormal, but is specific to our use case and will allow us to make the question creation and feedback process easier for question authors. 

I believe I need to make a change to a renderer somewhere along the lines.... from what I can make out there are numerous logic checks (i.e. specific feedback enabled? answer selected?) and I will need to remove the one checking for the user having selected that specific answer. I just don't know where that is... and the php is all a bit overwhelming.

I don't mind making a small change to the core php and remember to update this after upgrading each time. If there's a more sustainable method also willing to do that, but my understanding of themes and overriding renderers is nil so don't want to be too tiresome for you all...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ollie

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Oliver Trampleasure

Re: Showing Specific Feedback for ALL answers (multiple choice)

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If your main goal is to assist authors in creating/editing the specific feedback fields, you might consider using the WordTable or HTMLTable question bank export format plugins, which display all the components of each question (including feedback and any hints) in a formatted and easy to read table.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Eoin Campbell

Re: Showing Specific Feedback for ALL answers (multiple choice)

by Oliver Trampleasure -

Thanks for the tip, and both of those plugins could definitely be useful for some of my other work.... but unfortunately won't quite do the trick in this case.