Authentication plugin emailadmin not found

by Nikos Kokkinis -
Number of replies: 11

Hello,

I have install the new version of moodle throw github.  Then i copy/paste the theme and the module that i had made. At the begin i had a 500 error but the i edit  the config.php to make it correct  and now i can see the pages of site(but without the theme that i had made). But i can't log in.

I open the debuger and i show this message: 

Error writing to database

i check at /auth there wasn't and directoty emailadmin and copy/paste the old one then i restart the apache but i saw the same error again

Have you got any idea?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikos Kokkinis

Re: Authentication plugin emailadmin not found

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Did the new version of Moodle work correctly AFTER the upgrade but BEFORE you installed the theme and that module?

If so, then the problem is either the theme or your emailadmin plugin.

Try installing the theme and the emailadmin plugin separately. In other words, first install the theme and then check Moodle. Does the error re-occur? If there's no error and the theme installs correctly then you have narrowed the problem down to your emailadmin plugin.

Now try installing the emailadmin plugin. Does it still throw the error? If it does, go to the Plugins Overview page in Moodle (/admin/plugins.php). Is the emailadmin plugin listed there? If it is, UNINSTALL it on this Overview page. What happens after you do this? Do you still get the 'error writing to database' message? If not, that should confirm that the emailadmin plugin is the problem. You need to check if that emailadmin plugin is compatible with the new version of Moodle that you've installed.

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

Απάντηση: Re: Authentication plugin emailadmin not found

by Nikos Kokkinis -

i go throw the admin page and now it is display this one

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Authentication plugin emailadmin not found

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So for whatever reason, it is not seeing the folder you copied (perhaps a permission problem).  I suggest removing the emailadmin folder and installing from the web interface that you are seeing under notifications.  That should get you logged in.

Then double check that you have placed the theme folder in the correct place and that permissions are correct.  You should be copying the entire scout_lab folder over to the themes directory in your new install, and then checking that ownership and permissions are correct.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Authentication plugin emailadmin not found

by Nikos Kokkinis -

Thanks

I remove it and i install it by the button and now it's fine for the first two plugins. But i now i have the problem for the two that i had made.

If i press the button upgrade moodle database it will make any changes at my database?

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Authentication plugin emailadmin not found

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You have to press the button to upgrade the database or it won't register your changes.

by Nikos Kokkinis -

the permissions that i have at those files are (drwxr-xr-x.) the other themes have permision (drwxr-xr-x+)

by Nikos Kokkinis -

I change the permissions and now i run cron.

Now i have the problem that i can't connect. it display Invalid login, please try again

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

Απάντηση: Re: Authentication plugin emailadmin not found

by Nikos Kokkinis -

The moodle didn't work correctly after the upgrade it was displaying the login page and the debugger shows: 

Authentication plugin emailadmin not found.

after try to install each one separately as you said and i still get the same message. i don;t know what i do

at the page /admin/plugins.php

it display only : Authentication plugin emailadmin not found.

now i don't have the error  writing to database but i still can't log in as admin i only parse the URLs.

I download the emailadmin plugin for the same version that i use to be sure that might the old one has problem but still the same message

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Authentication plugin emailadmin not found

by Emma Richardson -

Did you try installing the emailadmin plugin through the web interface or are you installing it manually?  It says right on the installer check page that your plugin files are not writeable.  You need to make sure that the entire folder is 1. owned by the web service (not sure what you are running on but www-data in debian, apache in ubuntu)

2. I normally set my moodle folder permissions to 755) "chmod -R 755 "pathtomoodlefolder"

by Nikos Kokkinis -

Hi,

i install the emailadmin through the web interface and the problem that i couldn't recognize the other two plugins was the permissions that i change. After I press the button to upgrade the database and then i run cron. When i run cron it log out me and now i have try with 3 different account to login and i get error.

Also i try to create a new user to see if i have any error at the config.php i can see the new user at my database but when i try to login with his credentials it display the same error ErrorInvalid login, please try again

by Nikos Kokkinis -

In the error logs there is :

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/msql.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/msql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

[Wed Jan 20 10:16:49 2016] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips configured -- resuming normal operations