Rubric shading not displaying as expected

Rubric shading not displaying as expected

by Mira Vogel -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

Hopefully a quick request - should it in theory be possible to have a rubric for a feedback-only assignment (Moodle 2.8) i.e. set to No Grade, with anonymous marking enabled, and with the rubric points set to be hidden?

I'm trying to set one up but I can't seem to get the rubric to show to the student role (despite that the tutor role has revealed identities and made sure that the gradebook item isn't set to hidden). 

The feedback comments (i.e. comments made below the rubric) display to the student as expected, but the shaded cells of the rubric, are not displaying, although they display fine for the assessor.

Perplexed and a bit frazzled - thanks in advance,

Mira

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mira Vogel

Re: Rubric shading not displaying as expected

by Mira Vogel -

I think I can answer my own query now.

Whether or not the feedback rubric displays depends on whether or not the rubric has been allowed to generate a grade in the gradebook. As far as I can tell, fiddling with that grade (e.g. by overriding it or setting the assignment to be ungraded) has the effect of hiding the rubric containing the feedback.

So my understanding is that rubrics cannot be used for feedback only, but must generate a grade which is visible to students.

Mira