Video to be mandatory

Video to be mandatory

by Hans Kok -
Number of replies: 6

Is there an option to have a video shown before anything else.

I have a video as introduction in a quiz. The students need to see the complete video before being able to go to the next page/question.

Is that possible, and how?

Thansk,

Hans

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hans Kok

Re: Video to be mandatory

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Yes it is possible, make it a conditional activity and restrict access until the condition is met, in this case, the video is viewed. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Hans Kok -

Thanks, will implement like that.

In reply to Hans Kok

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

As suggested, there could be ways to make sure that the video is played.  However, I don't think that this means that the video is "viewed" by the student, just played.  I am also not sure if moodle would know that the video is played until completion.  Maybe others will be able to correct me, or add additional ideas for you.

To make sure that the video is viewed, your quiz should contain questions whose answers are found within the video.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Derek Chirnside -

Everybody: Rick and Colin (etc)

This is a common question.  To do with signup agreements etc.  I wonder if this is worth a place in the docs wiki?

-Derek

In reply to Hans Kok

by Meenakshi Dahiya -

Hi,

It can be done using the Activity completion settings and Restrict access settings 

Both the settings must be active at both site and course level. 

Then, the video to be viewed shall have activity completion compulsion. Whereas the quize to be attempted shall have access restriction, with quize completion as the criteria. 

I tried not to confuse smile