GPL License

GPL License

by Mohammed alraimi -
Number of replies: 6

I am Mohammed A. Alraimi .I am lecturer in Sana'a University at faculty of computer and IT. I give lectures in e-learnning course.

I installed the Moodle v1.9 in my server under this domain www.prositeyemen.com/moodle .it work fine and I have 207 student register in this course. than I created several activities and resources .the student can deal with them easy there is no problem. The problem occur when all students (207 student ) acces to any quiz in the same time to take quiz. the Moodle give them error about GPL License. How can I solve this problem.

Attachment Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 8.50.33 PM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohammed alraimi

Re: GPL License

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hallo Mohammed

This is unusual. The normal behavior of Moodle is to bring the following message if the database gets overloaded:
"Error: Database connection failed.
It is possible that the database is overloaded or otherwise not running properly.
The site administrator should also check that the database details have been correctly specified in config.php"

It shouldn't start installing Moodle again! What is the URL you see on the browser when this GPL screen comes? It is not visible in your screen-shot.

Can you describe your server in detail and tell us how you installed Moodle, as requested in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/post.php?forum=15 ? "Before starting a new discussion topic, please check the Installation FAQ and Upgrading FAQ and try a forum search. Also provide as much relevant background information as you can about the versions and configuration of your server OS, PHP and browser."

In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Mohammed alraimi -

Thank you Visvanath Ratnaweera

first,  happy new year. 

I am the administrator. I host it in Globat company (globat.com) under this URL www.prositeyemen.com/moodle

How can I get the information about database? in which files can I get it?

Moahmmed Alraimi

Hi Mohammed

Wishing you a happy 2016 too. Hope Moodle is not spoiling the start!
wink

You can get a lot of information, once you login to Moodle as the superuser (admin?) and go to: Site administration > Server, for example > Environment, > PHP Info. Also see Site administration > Reports > Performance overview and Question instances.

The fact is, there are certain things which you can not do through the Moodle interface itself, you need some sort of access to the server, or the hosting provider must do those things for you.

I looked at the main page http://www.globat.com/. I hope you don't have the 4.44 USD/mon package. Packages of this kind don't have the resources Moodle needs, you can forget simultaneous exams (using Quiz) with them.

Do some reading in the Hardware and performance forum: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=596. Also don't forget to simulate a new discussion https://moodle.org/mod/forum/post.php?forum=94 for it to display the full information.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Mohammed alraimi -

Dear  Visvanath Ratnaweera,

Thank you so much for your cooperation..

I will contact with server provider if it is possible to upgrade their feature services in order to reach my requirement.

with my best regards

Mohammed Alraimi

Hi Mohammed

OK. Just to be clear - There are two issues which your hosting provide should look into:
a) Your shared server doesn't have the resources for Moodle to conduct a simultaneous exam for 200 students.

b) You Moodle tries to reinstall itself, when overloaded (rather than brining the "Database connection failed" error).

Well, there could be another "half" issue: Why do they install 1.9? Is this a new installation? Is it possible that your provider is aware of their resource limitations and therefore avoid Moodle 2?

In any case, send the URL of this discussion as reference when you contact your hosting provider.