Conscience of non alphabet writting system?

Conscience of non alphabet writting system?

by Đinh Lư Giang -
Number of replies: 3
I don't know where to post my problem. I hope that here is the right place. I wonder if we can put a javascript file somewhere so that users can type special letters or characters other than latin alphabet. Japanese, Korean, and Chinese Moodle website administrators should think about the fact that their users from others countries, without a typing software, can not write report directly nor type a keyword to search in glossaries.
Here, I attach a Vietnamese typing javascript. My question is where must I hack the Moodle code or put this file, so that users can type in Vietnamese (with some special letters such as à, á, ô, ơ, đ, ư, ơ v.v...) without downloading and installing a typing software.
Thanks for help or explanation.
Dinh Lu Giang
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Đinh Lư Giang

Re: Conscience of non alphabet writting system?

by Roel Cantada -
Great idea.  This would also be useful to us, if we use our Filipino script baybayin.  There is no keyboard support for it that I know of, not even in Linux distributions. I even have to create keymaps for Yudit unicode editor.
In reply to Đinh Lư Giang

Re: Conscience of non alphabet writting system?

by Julian Lilio II -
Yes, a plug-in that can be easily installed will be a very helpful Internationalization feature for Moodle (personally, I would love it if can be installed without a hack later on, taking its cue from simplicity in Mambo when installing components --- I understand however, that that CMS was designed with high extensibility. I'm not sure if Moodle will include such extensibility features later on).

julian