No registered devices.

No registered devices.

by Nikos Dakos -
Number of replies: 8

Hi.

I have done all the steps that are written here about the mobile notifications.

I have installed the Moodle Mobile app on my iPhone and logged in on my website as admin, but I still see the message "No registered devices. Devices will automatically appear after you install the Moodle Mobile app and add this site.".

What else do I have to check?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikos Dakos

Re: No registered devices.

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

this usually means that your devices are stored in Moodle but not registered in Airnotifier.

Every time your messaging preferences page is loaded, all your new devices are registered in Airnotifier, if the registration fails they won't be displayed.

This means that:

1. Your Airnotifier instance is not correctly configured

2. There is some problem when registering the device

You should add some debugging code in your Moodle site, please, edit this file: message/output/airnotifier/classes/manager.php

In the create_token function, after:

$resp = $curl->post($serverurl, $params);
add the following code

print_r($resp);

And then, reload the messaging preference page you will see a error message there

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Nikos Dakos -

Hi Juan,

thank you very much for your help.

Now, I can see this message: "Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to messages.moodle.net:443".

Hope it can be fixed. smile

In reply to Nikos Dakos

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Nikos,

unfortunately, this seems to be a local problem in your server.

Our tests, statistics and monitoring says that the server is working as expected

You should verify that your CURL PHP extension and installation is updated and support signed certificates, please contact your system administrator.

One tip: we recently changed the IP Address of the server and the Certificate was renewed, maybe the problem is with some type of cache or similar

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Nikos Dakos -

Hi Juan,

I appreciate your help.

I am not familiar with SSL protocols and the company where my domain is hosted can't help me.

When you say: "You should verify that your CURL PHP extension and installation is updated and support signed certificates, please contact your system administrator."

you mean that I have to install a SSL protocol on my website or I just have to check some settings on my domain's cpanel?

Thank you again.

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Nikos Dakos -

Hi.

I found these on PHP Info Settings.

curl

php_extension curl must be installed and enabled
OK
Are they related to my problem?
In reply to Nikos Dakos

by Nikos Dakos -

Any help, please?

In reply to Nikos Dakos

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Nikos,

this seems to be caused by:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=323517

We are investigating this issue right now

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Nikos Dakos -

Thank you, Juan.

I'm waiting for the results of your investigation.