Customize the Clean theme

Customize the Clean theme

by mimi nom -
Number of replies: 15

Hello,

I would like to use the Clean theme. My problem is that I have trouble customizing this theme, I would like to put the university logo on top of the page just after the menu. Do you know how to do this (wich file will I edit ?). Do you have documentation to suggest me?

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mimi nom

Re: Customize the Clean theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, 

It would depend largely on which version of Moodle you are using. The latest version, Moodle 3.1 has this capability But would need some alterations as the logo is added in front of the menu.

However, in earlier versions of the Clean theme It may be possible to do this using CSS if you have a logo image stored in your Moodle site.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by mimi nom -

Hello,

With Moodle 2.7 and earlier, we used the afterburner theme but after doing the upgrade to Moodle 3, I noticed that Moodle doesn't work well with this theme (according to my own tests), this is why I decided to use a theme which already exists in moodle like clean for exemple. Each update of moodle, the theme is also updated. I want that the university's logo appears on all pages of the site (home page, login page, course pages, pages of the admin .....). Can you help me  to do this?

Thank you

In reply to mimi nom

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Unfortunately the Clean theme will not allow you to do that and it is not recommended that you change the code in the Clean theme To make it work.

The only way round this would be to create a new theme based on the Clean theme.

I would be happy to do that for you?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by mimi nom -

Yes, I want, it's very kind of you

Thank you so much

In reply to mimi nom

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

You can download the "Clean Logo" theme from here...

https://github.com/lazydaisy/moodle-theme_clean_logo/archive/master.zip

I hope this is how you wanted it to work?

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Evans

by mimi nom -

Hello,

Thank you again, I'll test it and inform you of the result.

Best regards

In reply to mimi nom

by mimi nom -

Hello,

I couldn't install it, it displays an error:

Plugin "theme_afterburner" is installed in incorrect location "$ CFG-> dirroot / theme / clean_logo" expected location is "$ CFG-> dirroot / theme / afterburner"

Attachment clean_logo.png
In reply to mimi nom

by mimi nom -

Do you know what's the prolem???

Best regards

In reply to mimi nom

by Mary Evans -

What has Afterburner got to do with this? 

Where did you upload the theme to?

It should go into your moodle/theme/

directory...so that the URL looks like this...

moodle/theme/clean_logo

In reply to mimi nom

by Mary Evans -

Hi mimi,

Read this comment here...

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=324630#p1304442

It explains what you need to do.

I totally forgot to say the GitHub zip file needs extracting to a folder called clean_logo before you can install it in Moodle

Sorry...

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by mimi nom -

Yes, now it works like I want

Thank you very much Mary

Best Regards,

In reply to mimi nom

by Mary Evans -

So pleased about that...

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gergely Rakoczi -

Hi Mary,

the zip file is not available anymore ... I get a 404 error.

may I ask you to Upload it again?

Thanks,

G.

In reply to Gergely Rakoczi

by Mary Evans -

That is because I removed the theme. The problem now is one where this is what is called a regression, in that what was originally in the Clean theme now does not exist. 

I think there is a Moodle Tracker set up to fix this but I have not checked to see yet.

I will let you know what the situation is.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gergely Rakoczi -

Hi Mary,

thank you for your fast reply and yes, it would be great if you could check the current situation.

Cheers,

Gergely