How to set the default settings they ask you about when you complete an upgrade?

How to set the default settings they ask you about when you complete an upgrade?

by Andrew Leer -
Number of replies: 6

My browser crashed in the middle of setting the new defaults settings after an upgrade, and now when I login I end up on the main screen, and the settings do not get configured.  Is there a way back to that page?

Thank you,

Andrew J. Leer

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Leer

Re: How to set the default settings they ask you about when you complete an upgrade?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Site administration > Notifications should do the trick.

In reply to Andrew Leer

Re: How to set the default settings they ask you about when you complete an upgrade?

by Andrew Leer -

I had to rollback a snapshot in the VM to get where I needed to go.  Is it okay to re-visit the https://<servername>>/admin/upgradesettings.php page again after it's already been setup?  It's a really long list and the chances that you'll timeout filling out the form are pretty good.

(moodle 2.9.3+)

In reply to Andrew Leer

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes - but just go to the bottom and press 'Save' is a good workaround. Default settings are wonderful things. You can always change things once the dust has settled.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Andrew Leer -

That's true, but I can't get back to that specific list of settings...so how will I know if I missed something new and important, and even if I did know what was in that list how would I find it again where ever it resides in the Administrators configuration?

In reply to Andrew Leer

by Howard Miller -

You haven't tongueout

In reply to Andrew Leer

by Paul Vasilauskis -

Did you ever find an answer?

I searched the forum for terms like "new settings" "notifications"... and didn't find anything but when I searched upgradesettings.php I found this from almost a year ago. I guess everyone just goes with the default settings? Like the OP I would like to know what was set.