Add restriction -> Activity completion missing

Add restriction -> Activity completion missing

by Ekaterina Angelova -
Number of replies: 14
Hello, I have opened a new discussion because none of the previous ones helped me.
The problem is, everything about the completion tracking is turned on (from advanced features, from course, from everywhere), the marks are checked, it is set to visible, enabled in the course, and still when I add restriction, Activity Completion is missing from the menu. It is missing for every element and activity inside every course existing, or a new one. Please help! Thanks.

Version : Moodle 2.9.2 (Build: 20150914)
Attachment Activity-Completion-Missing.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ekaterina Angelova

Re: Add restriction -> Activity completion missing

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do you  have some activities in the course which have activity completion set on them (so that you could choose one of those activities in the Restrict access section?)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ekaterina Angelova -

Activity completion is not set in any of the activities/sections, because it is just missing, i meant that i cannot set it because it is not in the menu. Even if I create a new course, and add new activities/resources and click on "Add restriction" , still no "Activity completion". Also I tried disabling the Activity completion option and re-enabling it, purge caches and so on... It is still missing

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

But I can see "Activity completion" in the background of your screenshot. Is the screenshot not of your course?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ekaterina Angelova -

This in the background is the option for the indication of the progress.

"Activity completion" when Adding Restriction is missing. There is no option for "after activity completion" all together, as you can see from the screenshot.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ekaterina Angelova -
Here is a screen shot of what is missing, and what I need:
This is from another platform and it is working.
As you can see, on this screenshot there is an option "Activity completion"  and options to choose an activity, an so on. But on my platform it is simply not there. All the options for the restriction and activity completion are the same on the 2 platforms.
Attachment 3.jpg

by Mary Cooch -

OK - go to Site administration>Plugins>Availability restrictions>Manage restrictions and make sure that Restriction by activity completion is enabled.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ekaterina Angelova -
It is on, everything else is also on, in the course settings etc. I was hoping I was missing something...but everything was and is on and still nothing

by Mary Cooch -

Ok so

1. Site administration>Advanced features> Enable completion tracking is ON
  2. Site administration>Plugins>Availability restrictions>Manage restrictions >Restriction by activity completion is ON
  3. Course administration>Edit settings>Completion tracking is ON
  4. You have other activities in this course, and in those individual activities, in the activity completion section, activity completion conditions have been set?
  5. Have you tried with a different theme?

Can you post a screenshot of number 2 and an example of number 4?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ekaterina Angelova -

Here is a screen shot of Manage restrictions.

About No.4, there is no such option in the restriction settings, in any activity settings at all, there is no Activity completion button i n the menu, only Date, Grade, Group, User profile and Restriction Set. The " Activity completion" in that menu is missing. I have a feeling that the Completion tracking option is bugged or something, and I cant figure out how and why. I can't make a restriction of activity, as it is just not there in the menu. All of the check boxes for completion tracking and restrictions are checked, it is supposed to show in the menu but it not there.

Attachment 4.jpg

by Mary Cooch -

I can't explain why you are not seeing Activity completion as an option in the Restrict access -however - can you confirm that you DO have activities in the course in question? 

Regarding number 4,  I wasn't asking about restricting access by activity completion, I was asking about having the activity completion settings, and if you have set any of those criteria (manual, automatic ect) I am reproducing one of your screenshots here -is it for a quiz? You can see that there is an option to set the condition of activity completion there. So what sort of conditions are you adding in there for your activities? I know this is not directly linked to not being able to see the Activity completion in the Restrict access secition, but it might help.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ekaterina Angelova -

Yes, thank you very very much! That was the problem, because the courses were imported, all the activity completion was missing, because there was no first activity to start indication of the process. I added "Student must view this activity to complete it" to the first one, and the other ones started to work.

Still one problem occurs tho : the check boxes for the ticks for the the completion progress are still all missing, except for the first activity.

Attachment 123.jpg
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ekaterina Angelova -

I will try to figure it out, i guess the information about the completion tracking was lost due to the import of the courses. I will try to figure out why the empty check boxes are not showing.

Thank you for your help!

by Ekaterina Angelova -

Fixed the missing check boxes :

1. I deleted the entire course manually

2. Imported fresh import of the course

3. Went through all the steps (activities) that had completion tracking

4.Then  reset the course with the Course Administration->Reset

and all the progress check boxes showed !

It looks like everything is okay now.

by Mary Cooch -

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting back smile