Can I keep the post sticky in the forum?

Can I keep the post sticky in the forum?

by jun xie -
Number of replies: 5

Some of the posts are reasonable and enlightening to other students. So I wish they can be set on the top of the forum so that everyone can notice them. But I don't know how to do it. Can anyone help me?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jun xie

Re: Can I keep the post sticky in the forum?

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Jun,

Moodle development is sometimes related to popular demand.  So please vote on the link that Derek listed. I voted for Sticky Forums back in 2003.  So this is one of the oldest requests in Moodle history.  I am excited to get this into Moodle because it is a great example of constructing knowledge by highlighting "introductory" posts, "model answer" posts, "summarized" posts, and "critical" posts.

In reply to Don Hinkelman

回复: Re: Can I keep the post sticky in the forum?

by jun xie -

Dear Don,

I have voted for it.

I agree you that the core of Moodle has always been the forum. My major focus is on forum when I teach in Moodle.

I suppose it's necessary to add a new tool to make it sticky. And I don't think it is the same to move the post to another place because it may seem not  so important without the original background. And people may need more information about the context to understand a isolate post.

In reply to jun xie

Re: Can I keep the post sticky in the forum?

by surveen chawla -

You need the Can post stickies permission in the forum you want to make the topic a sticky in. Then the Change topic type to options should appear at the bottom of the posting window. However, the option only appears in the first post of a topic, either when creating it or when editing it.