Custom Menu problem since update to Moodle 3.0

Custom Menu problem since update to Moodle 3.0

by Eva Weiss -
Number of replies: 9

Hi,

at the custom menu in Moodle 3.0, the submenus are displayed correctly as dropdown menus at a first glance - but with mobile devices, I can't click at the links anymore...

This happens with the standard Moodle Clean theme. Can anyone else confirm this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eva Weiss

Re: Custom Menu problem since update to Moodle 3.0

by Eva Weiss -

I just tested the custom menu with my  mobile at the "official" Moodle demonstration sites: At "Mount Orange School" as well as at the "Moodle Sandbox", the custom menu is not functioning correctly. Even the language menu doesn't work.

Seems to be a bug...

In reply to Eva Weiss

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I think this might be related to MDL-51585 but as I am not a theme person, I am going to double check .

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

As far as I know MDL-51585 is a duplicate or an issue that should be closed as the original issue has been fixed In 3.0.

Is Mount Orange latest update of 3.0?

May I suggest that you probably need to Purge all cache as it could be your setup might not be using the new settings, which rely on Bootstrap jQuery

I'll try and find out what the tracker ticket number is.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It was fixed 11 days ago in MDL-51819

If it is still a problem in some devices then it needs reporting. But we would need the OS of the device type/s.

Thanks

Mary

(Edited by Mary Cooch  to correct tracker number- original submission Thursday, 19 November 2015, 11:48 PM)

In reply to Eva Weiss

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

Can I ask how you added a Menu in Mount Orange as this Demo site does not allow anyone to add a custom menu, only the Administrator and that Role is not given.

Thanks

Mary Evans

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The School demo Mount Orange is running the latest Moodle 3.0 as is our Sandbox site  I think Eva meant that the language menu on Mount Orange doesn't work for mobiles- I have found the same on my mobile and my iPad mini. Our MoodleCloud sites are also now running the latest 3.0 and I added a custom menu there and I find the same as Eva - ie- I can't open submenus or the language dropdown. (And looking again at the tracker issue, I see it says fixed to 2.9.4 and doesn't include 3.0)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -

Ok - having learned a bit about tracker reporting and explored on 3.0 sites myself, I've reported this as  MDL-52249 Thanks Eva for noticing it.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Eva Weiss -

Yes, I was referring to the language menu in Mount Orange...

Many thanks both of you for looking into this! smile