Activity of exam button control

Activity of exam button control

by Anderson Hsu -
Number of replies: 9

Dear all, 

Would it be possible to modify the button name of exam activity when it change traditional language? Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anderson Hsu

Re: Activity of exam button control

by Simon Rediss-Whitfield -

I presume looking at your page that you have already installed your language pack and applied, check the mod>quiz folder to see if you language pack is also applied here, if not you may need to do some poking around unless someone knows which php and line to edit.

In reply to Simon Rediss-Whitfield

回應: Re: Activity of exam button control

by Anderson Hsu -

Dear Simon, 

How do we know language pack is applied for quiz activity? Thank you.

In reply to Anderson Hsu

Re: 回應: Re: Activity of exam button control

directory - Moodle/Mod/"type of activity"/lang

回應: Re: 回應: Re: Activity of exam button control

by Anderson Hsu -
Dear Simon, 

Thank you for your reply. If we find en folder, it mean we need to copy other language, such traditional folder to the path of lang? Thank you.

In reply to Anderson Hsu

Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: Activity of exam button control

To be honest I am not entirely sure, first thing I would do is right click on the next button and inspect element to find out the element name that needs changing, from there you should be able to work out whether you could just change some txt in a php file or whether you would have to change the lang folder. For me I always use trial and error to fix issues like this.

回應: Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: Activity of exam button control

by Anderson Hsu -

I tried to download tradition pack from the address https://download.moodle.org/langpack/1.7/ and then upload zh_tw language pack to the path of /var/www/html/moodle/mod/quiz/lang , but we still failed to change the button name . 

Would it be find another suggestion , thank you.

In reply to Anderson Hsu

Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: Activity of exam button control

You are in luck, follow these instructions, any problems let me know

(Taken from an old post) 

Here we go:

1. Log in as Admin to your Moodle site, select Español as your language and go to ► Administración ► Idioma ► Edición del idioma
  2. In Personalización local del idioma click on Editar palabras o frases.
  3. If this is the first time you are editing your Spanish language files, you will see this message: Created directory moodle/moodledata/lang/es_utf8_local
  4. In the Elija un archivo para editar en la caja de abajo dropdown list, select Quiz.
  5. Using your browser's Find function, find all the occurrences of Enviar you want to edit and change them, for example:
    1. Submit (event7) -> Enviar
    2. Submit all and finish (finishattempt) -> Enviar todo y terminar
    3. etc.
  6. Don't forget to click the Guardar cambios: quiz.php button when you have finished.
Joseph

回應: Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: Activity of exam button control

by Anderson Hsu -

Dear Simon Rediss-Whitfield

After testing with your guidance, we still have some problem about this issue.

We change the submit button by our definition as shown as below.

But the result is still as same as before. 

We tried to find attempt.php , but we can not find it at the language setting. Please kindly help us to check it. Thank you.

In reply to Anderson Hsu

Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: 回應: Re: Activity of exam button control

I have been looking at other peoples posts but I do not think anyone has successfully managed this, the button is called via the quiz renderer.php but this refers to a submit button class which I have not managed to trace.