The free MoodleCloud sites will imminently be on Moodle 3.0, and you can sign up for one with a simple text. Our Sandbox site is an empty site where you can explore everything in any role you wish. However, if like me, you’re sometimes lacking imagination and would prefer to see something ready made and meaningful rather than your own ‘test forum’, 'test file' and so on, then head over to the Mount Orange School demonstration site. If you log in with the username teacher and password moodle you can explore an existing course, Celebrating Cultures, from a Moodle 3.0 teacher's point of view. Here are a few things to investigate:
- See how an uploaded file will now display the date it was added (Presentation: Remarkable Locations.)
- Go into a database, such as Beautiful Places, and see how unapproved entries are now highlighted in pink.
- Check out the Quiz: Know your Geography to experience the four new question types (or better still, try it with the student account.)
- Switch the Workshop:My home country back to the submission phase to view how the new report allows you to filter students who have not yet submitted.
- Turn on the editing and see how the section editing buttons are combined into one single menu.
- Edit a section, add a table and experience the cool formatting options available.
- Access the Course settings; add an official tag and note how smoothly you can add a course tag of your own.
- Go to the Enrolled users and Groups overview screens and see how easy it is to filter course members who are not in a group
- And finally - anyone can do this, teacher and student - go to the User menu> Messages and delete an old or unwanted message.