How to see who changed letter grades site-wide?

How to see who changed letter grades site-wide?

by Juan F -
Number of replies: 3

The school I am with is using Moodle 2.8.  Over the weekend, someone with admin access (we have 28 users with this access) changed the grade of F to IP.  We checked the LOG and cannot find any sign of someone even entering the the Site administration / ► Grades / ► Letters page in Moodle.  We have a development site setup and I went into the same page and updated the grade in it from an F to IP.  I checked the LIVE LOG and it did not appear at all.

Is this a bug or do I need to enable something in Moodle to track these system events?

Please help!  Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan F

Re: How to see who changed letter grades site-wide?

by John Okely -

Try going to Courses ► <Your Course> ► Grade administration ► Grade history. It will show who changed the grade.

In reply to John Okely

by Juan F -

John, thanks for trying to assist.  However, this is for a course level change, not a site level change.  Anyone have any ideas?  If not, I'll be reporting this as a bug since the LOG should be tracking this.

Best, Chris

In reply to Juan F

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Another place to look could be under site configuration changes:  

Site Admin - Reports - Config Changes

So I did a test in my sandbox, and my change to the letter grades unfortunately did not appear in the Logs or the Config Changes report either.

I agree that this should appear somewhere, so post your tracker number so we can vote/comment.