How to receive enrollment notifications, but not have editing rights

How to receive enrollment notifications, but not have editing rights

by Tan M -
Number of replies: 2

Hello!

I have a use case in which the instructor of our courses needs to get notified when a student enrolls. We're using the enrollment notification for this. We also want this instructor to be able to carry out instructional tasks like grading assignments and reviewing quizzes, etc. BUT, we do not want the instructor to be able to edit the course. No editing any learning activities. In particular, we don't want them to be able to download the source materials (such as SCORM activities, PDFs, quiz questions, etc.)

Is there any way to do this?  I've tried:

1. Setting the instructor up as a non-editing teacher. But then they don't receive the enrollment notification

2. Trying to override the instructor role permissions from within a course but I don't see anything that looks like "hide the turn editing on link" or "hide the edit settings link for activities"

I'd also like the instructor to still be able to give learners extensions if needed (i.e. extend their course access time using enrolled users).

Thanks, in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tan M

Re: How to receive enrollment notifications, but not have editing rights

by Tan M -

Surprised to see no response to this inquiry. Have I posted it in the right place?

Thanks!

T

In reply to Tan M

Re: How to receive enrollment notifications, but not have editing rights

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

What version of Moodle are you using? Have you tried having the non-editing teachers sign up for an Event Monitoring rule?

Your admin may have to create the Event Monitoring 'rule' for the non-editing teachers to subscribe to, depending on how your permissions are set up.

This is the rule I created so that any of my teachers can subscribe to it so they can be sent an email when a new student is enrolled in their class.