2.9+ moodle - recaptcha suddenly stopped working

2.9+ moodle - recaptcha suddenly stopped working

by ajeet Singh -
Number of replies: 8

Hi

I've had recaptcha activated to essential theme by enter public and private key and it worked fine for few days. But for some strange reason it is not working for past 5 days now. I generated the private and public keys again but still it is not working.

on the email based self registration form after filling all the details including recaptcha values, the form returns back with values filled without any error but new capthca shown.

if i disable recaptcha i am able to submit registration successfully.

Any help

issues is with latest version 2.9 essential theme

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ajeet Singh

Re: 2.9+ moodle - recaptcha suddenly stopped working

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You have identified this as an issue with essential - please can you check by testing with Clean/More theme, so we can ascertain whether it actually is a theme issue, or an issue with the recaptcha setup.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by ajeet Singh -

Hi

i don't think it is essential issue but something to do with google setting otherwise it was working fine with essential 5 days back.

wondering is there any config changed at google or somewhere.

Thanks

In reply to ajeet Singh

by ajeet Singh -

any luck..smile

In reply to ajeet Singh

by John Okely -

I gave this a go and it works perfectly for me on 2.9 and with the essential theme.

Is there anything else in your moodle set up you haven't mentioned but might be related?

In reply to ajeet Singh

by Dan Mickle -

I am having the exact same issue, except this is a fresh install so it has never worked.

I keep wondering is I am doing something wrong.

1.  Moodle asks for: Public Key & Private Key

2.  Google reCaptcha give me: Site Key & Secret Key

Are they the same, or am I missing something?  I have been searching and reading for two days and just can't seem to figure it out.  I tried ti with multiple themes to no avail.

Any help would be great!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Mickle

by John Okely -

Yes Public key = Site Key and Private Key = Secret Key

Did you enable recaptcha at "Site administration ► Plugins ► Authentication ► Email-based self-registration" after you copied in the keys?

In reply to John Okely

by Dan Mickle -

Hi John -

Yes, I did enable it.  the image and box show, but it will not accept the values.  It just returns to the add use screen (with filled in information intact).  I have deleted the keys and tried several times.  It just will not accept any answer.

Dan

In reply to Dan Mickle

by John Okely -

Ah I see, it's the same problem as above. This is unfortunate. I have not been able to reproduce the problem

You may want to create an issue describing the problem at https://tracker.moodle.org/