Student is assigned the role of teacher in part of the course but they don't see a "turn editing on" button.

Student is assigned the role of teacher in part of the course but they don't see a "turn editing on" button.

by Rob Monk -
Number of replies: 2

I want particular students to be able to edit particular labels within the course. 

I have assigned the students the role of teacher for their label. It all worked fine but......

They don't see a turn editing on button so can do no editing. I have given them the power but they can't use it. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Monk

Re: Student is assigned the role of teacher in part of the course but they don't see a "turn editing on" button.

by Just H -

"Teacher" or "editing teacher"?

In reply to Just H

Re: Student is assigned the role of teacher in part of the course but they don't see a "turn editing on" button.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm not sure you can do this - allow a user to update just one element of the course, such as a label, because as I understand it, you either have the turn editing on button for everything or not. (There are other elements where having the teacher role locally does make a difference - uploading to folders, moderating forums, and so on, but in terms of only editing certain sections, I don' think it works.) Now I hope somebody will prove me wrong smile