Reducing White Space on Grading Page (2.8)

Reducing White Space on Grading Page (2.8)

by John Provasnik -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I was wondering if anyone knew what controls the amount of space between the student's name and submission status, as well as the space between the submission status and the grade (when grading a student's assignment submission). I wish to trim down the amount of space shown in the picture, hopefully with some CSS, but wasn't sure what class controlled this spacing. I appreciate any input. I'm using a customized bootstrap theme.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Reducing White Space on Grading Page (2.8)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Best thing to do is use FireBug and find out what is causing those white spaces. Then when you have discovered the class or id of the element being inspected you can copy the CSS and add i to the Cistom CSS in your theme's settins page, and then alter it, like margin-top: 0; or padding-bottom: 0;

Hope this helps?

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

[SOLVED] Re: Reducing White Space on Grading Page (2.8)

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Yes Mary -- that did the trick!

For anyone else who was wondering, the div classes involved were "usersummary" and  "submissionstatustable"

The CSS change needed for each was:

element.style {

margin_bottom: 80px

}

where I changed the 80px to 50px which made the difference I was looking for. 

In reply to John Provasnik

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Reducing White Space on Grading Page (2.8)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Great! Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers!

Cheers

Mary