Single View not changing Range over correctly

Single View not changing Range over correctly

by Colin Misbach -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

We're using Moodle 2.8.4. We have 7 manual items in a gradebook that originally were worth 20 points a piece. This, however, was the incorrect range for those grade items. Before that could be corrected, the instructor input grades for the values they were supposed to be, which was 40 or 60 depending on the assignment.

Now that we have changed the range for those manual items, the calculation is not changing. When you initially go into Single View and then the User Report tab, you get the correct range to show without a chosen user. When you choose someone in the course, however, and look at their User Report it still shows out of the old range, and give an incorrect percentage.

Checking in mdl_grade_grades, the rawgrademax does not get updated when this change is made in the Setup after rows are created with grades in them. This seems to be the underlying issue.

Anyone else experience this?

Thank you

Colin

In reply to Colin Misbach

Re: Single View not changing Range over correctly

by Wendy St. John -

Hi Colin, 

Yes, I'm having this exact same problem. Hopefully someone will provide an answer. I intend to go to my campus' help desk tomorrow, so perhaps I'll have a solution soon. I'd really like to get this fixed before students worry about the strange percentages showing up on their user reports. 

~ Wendy

In reply to Colin Misbach

by Wendy St. John -

Hi Colin, 

We were able to fix the issue in my gradebook (although I don't know if the same solution will work for you; it sounds like you might have a slightly different problem). But in my case, I had made a category for In-Class Activities, rather than a grade item. That's why it didn't work  - I was entering individual grades into the category slots for each student (I think this is also why I was getting a range of 1 - 100, instead of the 1 - 55 I wanted). By creating a grade item for "In Class," and making it worth the correct number of points the issue was resolved. 

Maybe some part of this will be helpful? 

Good luck!

~ Wendy 

In reply to Wendy St. John

by Mark McKay -

This functionality does not currently exist. See MDL-48634" style="text-decoration:none;" id="docs-internal-guid-692879c7-8a83-2df5-87a2-0b408116cb56">MDL-48634 for the relevant discussion.

In reply to Mark McKay

by Colin Misbach -

Thank you Mark, for pointing that out. That's just what I needed to find.