Login with Rest/Soap/Any type

Login with Rest/Soap/Any type

by Gaston Dedieu -
Number of replies: 4

Hello everyone, first at all thanks for reading.

My idea is create the moodle user if not exist in moodle system after login in my current system (not a moodle web, just a .net aspx web)

I've enabled web service extension in moodle and i have created an user with web service permissions to use the ws, and i could finish when i log into my system make a call to moodle webservice with user pass and token and generate the user. That works perfect, but now i have to also after my system login, having moodle login user too. 

I was trying to follow another topics but i could not find a solution. My moodle version is the latest i think.

Anyone has any tutorial to follow =) ??

Thanks again 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gaston Dedieu

Re: Login with Rest/Soap/Any type

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Have a look at this thread which disucsses a similar theme:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=71195

I can probably get our code packaged up to you, but it will require some modification to have your hostnames etc in.

In reply to Dave Perry

by Gaston Dedieu -

Can you give me that ?? would be great, if there are no weird parameters i will be able to change those.

Regards!!!

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Message me your email address please and I'll do it next week (snowed under due to external project work for the next couple of days)

by Azzam Nisar -

Problem Statement:

I’ve been stuck in a problem where I have to develop a local Plugin in Moodle 2.9 that just sends Username & Password to that plugin and in return, the plugin should return True or False (You can modify according to your need).

Description:

Authenticate.php will GET two parameters and perform all authentication processes and return accordingly (For now I’m Printing the valid “$user” object if the Username & Passwords matches from “username” & “password” fields in mdl_users table). Moodle 2.9 verify a password against a hash using a timing attack resistant approach

Plugin Location: moodle/location/auth_webservice/authenticate.php

Plugin Call: http://localhost/moodle/local/auth_webservice/authenticate.php?username=azzam&password=vwXyz.123

Contact Details:

Email: azzamnisar1@gmail.com

Attachments:

auth_webservice.zip