Elegant theme problem

Elegant theme problem

by Thierry VINCENT -
Number of replies: 8

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I thank you for reading my message.
Since my upgrade to Moodle 2.9.2 (www.enteleec.fr), the slide show on the home page is blank and I have the 2 following error messages :

Error on Chrome : Problems

and error on Safari : Problems

Would you have an idea to solve the problem ?

Cordialement,

Thierry

(thank you Google Translate !)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thierry VINCENT

Re: Elegant theme problem

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

I think the best thing you can do at this stage is remove the Elegance theme from your Moodle site. This will then enable you to change theme to the Clean theme and allow you to fix the problem with the slider.

What version of Elegance are you using? Also as far as I know no one is looking after Elegance theme, but if I know which version you are using I can perhaps be able to help you.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I believe Danny has arranged with Bas to take over Elegance, but not sure how much Bas needs to look at it and develop before making his first release

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It sounds like there is quite a bit to be done.  Bas is starting on the code and bringing it up to 2.9 specs.  Talked with him last week.  Not sure what his timeline is - always hard to guess when we are all volunteers!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Thierry VINCENT -

Thank you all for your comments.

The fitvids and unslider jquery modules were not removed and permission to access OK.

Here is my version :

Version Elegance

I'll wait V9 version of the theme forward. Thank you for your work.

Good night. Cordialement,

Thierry

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would guess at some point, the fitvids and unslider jquery modules were removed.  Check your jquery folder in your theme and see if they are there and that the website has permission to access them...

by Bas Brands -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers

Hi Thierry,

I am working on a Moodle 2.9 version of the theme I hope to have a first testing release ready end of the month. Emma Richardson has already volunteered to give feedback and do some testing which could speed up the process.

Cheers,

Bas

Average of ratings:Useful (1)