Accessing videos that are saved in the server of Moodle

Accessing videos that are saved in the server of Moodle

by Anthony Orme -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I have found a Moodle course for teaching Scratch.  Have imported it into MoodleCloud (https://anthonyorme.moodlecloud.com/) but when I try to export and import into my schools own Moodle it won't due to the original course being created in a 2.8 and the school Moodle is 2.6,  Attached are error messages to show what it says,

I have decided to recreate the course manually,  but there are videos that are stored on the server of the Moodle that I cannot seem to download.  Is there a way to download these videos easily?  Attached is a picture to show what I mean?

Anthony

Attachment Moodle error - import 2.PNG
Attachment Moodle error - import.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anthony Orme

Re: Accessing videos that are saved in the server of Moodle

by Anthony Orme -

Attached are the two images of where I can see the videos on the Moodle server, but would like to get these off.  They are attached to the course through hyperlinks

Attachment Saving videos from Moodle server 2.PNG
Attachment Saving videos from Moodle server.PNG
In reply to Anthony Orme

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Edit - if this is the course from the Computing at Schools site then the videos are zipped up into a folder on there for anyone having trouble - could you retrieve them from there again? (I just checked)

I'm a bit confused -the screenshot you are showing with the video scratch intro.avi - is that of the old school Moodle? If so then can you make a course ( ;) )on the old school Moodle and retrieve the videos as files  -ie, by turning on the editing, selecting 'File' and then searching Server files to find and choose the relevant video - and then when it displays on your new course page, could you then download it to  re-upload into your new course?

Or have I misunderstood the nature of the problem?

In reply to Anthony Orme

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Anthony

> I have found a Moodle course for teaching Scratch. Have imported it into moodlecloud (https://anthonyorme.moodlecloud.com/)

So the above site works as it should?

> but when I try to export and import into my schools own Moodle it won't due to the original course being created in a 2.8 and the school Moodle is 2.6, Attached are error messages to show what it says,

Did you try the "Continue" button? In many cases Moodle can just import newer courses.