Lost ability to install Plugins

Lost ability to install Plugins

by Chris Howard -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all.

I have recently installed a couple of plugins to try, which i also may need to post about.

But for now, i am having an issue where i can no longer use the direct install button from the plugins website. I found this very useful as at the moment i don't have an idea on how to install them manually myself, can anyone give me any suggestions as to why the direct install function has stopped working?

Many thanks

Chris.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Howard

Re: Lost ability to install Plugins

by Simon Rediss-Whitfield -

The install directly only functions if your site has been linked to your account, this can been checked in your profile on this site.

To install manually download the zip file and place into an accessible place on your server (I have a repository setup called resources) then go to install plugins on your moodle site and browse to the file and hey presto you are done.

In reply to Chris Howard

by Frederic Nevers -

Hi, 

It could be because your site is no longer registered with Moodle.org. It could also be something to do with permissions on your server. Have you moved servers recently? Is it a new site?

Cheers, 

Fred

In reply to Frederic Nevers

by Chris Howard -

Apologies for slow replies, the function became available again after a couple of days. So the issue has been resolved.

Thank you for your replies.

Chris.