login issue

login issue

by maggie jelli -
Number of replies: 10

Hi

A user can login in to system from two different local system in a same time!

How can i solve this problem?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to maggie jelli

Re: login issue

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Please do not post repeatedly and in multiple forums - this is the third post asking the exact same question in 2 different forums all within not much more than 12 hours!

In reply to maggie jelli

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Take a look at: https://moodle.org/plugins/view/auth_uniquelogin

I haven't used it or reviewed the code - but it might provide what you are looking for.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by maggie jelli -

thanx for recommending unique-logging plugin , but by this plugin, a user can log in second time and the last session terminates, but i want to have my first session on , and new logging cant access to site.

it is more regularly.

In reply to maggie jelli

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In 2.9 you can turn on a feature that only allows a single login at once...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by maggie jelli -

where can i turn this feature? thanx for helping

In reply to maggie jelli

by Marjan Milošević -

It's in the path below. You have option "limit concurrent logins"

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marjan Milošević

by maggie jelli -

i used the limit concurrent logins , but it terminates the oldest session that logged into moodle, i want the oldest session is not terminated by any other logins . i mean all new logins get restricted because of the oldest session (the first login ).

In reply to maggie jelli

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you considered the consequences of that?  I see that as a terrible idea.

Example, you log into Moodle from work.  You forget to log out.  You go somewhere else and try to login and you are effectively unable  to log in until you return to the original login location...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by maggie jelli -

Thats right, but what if some one finds our password and logs in from somewhere else . so he can log in easily and bother the main user.

I think the first login (session) shouldnt be terminated at all by other sessions.

In reply to maggie jelli

by Just H -

Thats right, but what if some one finds our password and logs in from somewhere else . so he can log in easily and bother the main user.

That's a security issue and remedial actions would have to be taken e.g. user policies, password policies, tracking down the person with the "stolen password" and blocking his/her IP etc.

I think the first login (session) shouldnt be terminated at all by other sessions.

That is a usability issue and I highly doubt would be implemented, nor should it given the amount of devices a user could employ be it desktop, laptop, phone, tablet or even TV.

Normally it really annoys me when people post saying something shouldn't be done, ignoring the reality the person that posted asking for help has to live with, but in this case, changing it the way you want to is, IMHO, a very bad idea unless it's in a severely restricted case such as Moodle only accessible via LAN.