WebCT problems

WebCT problems

by Erik Ringmar -
Number of replies: 2
Dear all,

WebCT was down again yesterday at my university and all learning grinded to a halt.  Meanwhile my Moodle courses were happily buzzing along.  Does anyone have stats on down-times for the respective programmes?

cheers,

Erik
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Erik Ringmar

Re: WebCT problems

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This is probably not a helpful line of thinking ... uptime is mostly a system administration issue and there's so many factors ...
In reply to Erik Ringmar

Re: WebCT problems

by Timothy Takemoto -

No downtime here. I have been using Moodle in earnest for three years with about 100, 700, 700 students respectively and the only down time I have had was

1) When the sysa dmin shut down the database server for an upgrade
2) When the IMAP server was renewed resulting in the non-recognition of !"#$%&'(' type characters in some student's passwords.
3) Not quite "downtime" but the biggest cause of non-functioning is when I set test open dates years in the past, or forget to upload the tests to some courses at all.

I have not yet, touch wood, experienced a "down" caused or even abetted by Moodle.

Timothy