Need some basic MySQL Q&A plz

Need some basic MySQL Q&A plz

by patrick williams -
Number of replies: 4

PHP has not been properly configured with the MySQL extension so that it can communicate with MySQL. Please check your php.ini file or recompile PHP.

This is where I am completely lost. Seriously, stupidly lost. This is the first time I have done anything this in depth concerning programming, etc, so if I seem stupid, please consider it so and start from there. Maybe this will be the good laugh you needed for the day.

Now, once you finish laughing, this is what I have done so far. I have done the phpinfo.php, carefully cutting and pasting and so on. I have MySQL 5.0.6 installed, and am currently running IIS. I did reset the memory it asks for, but it tells me that it is not good enough. I cannot find the GD request in the php.ini. I hope this is enough info. If any more is needed, let me know.

Patrick black eye sad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to patrick williams

Re: Need some basic MySQL Q&A plz

by Prashant Patel -

Hey

I had similar type of problem when I first installed Moodle 1.52.

To resolve the problem, I suggest you use MySQL version 3.23.54, and PHP version 4.0.  You can also download PHPMyAdmin version 2.5.6. PhpMyAdmin, will let you create and manage MySQL database in user friendly GUI Interface mode.

Cheers! 

In reply to Prashant Patel

by Clifton Beasley -
I'm no more knowledgeable than you, but I found EasyPHP to be just that - easy.

You can download it here: http://www.easyphp.org/telechargements.php3

But first, prior to installing EasyPHP, uninstall MYSQL, PHP and Apache. Delete any files, folders, etc. left behind. Good luck.
In reply to Clifton Beasley

by patrick williams -
Thank you Clifton, but unfortunately EasyPHP did not configure properly with my system... this is probably a technical error on my part, but I will keep trying to resolve this issue.
In reply to Clifton Beasley

by patrick williams -

Okay. EasyPHP is about as easy as it gets. Make sure if you are using IIS that you stop your default website from running, because it runs on port 80, which APACHE needs to run on. Other than that, using the docs provided that I found two weeks late, I have managed to get the MOODLE Moodling! Thank you everyone!

Patrick