Submission Grade By Teacher Only

Submission Grade By Teacher Only

by George Self -
Number of replies: 1

I guess that I don't understand the grading for a workshop very well. Here's what  I would like to do:

1. Student A submits a paper.

2. Teacher (that would be me) grades Student A's paper and assigns a score. This should be the final score that goes into the grade book without any sort of weighting or averaging with student reviewers.

3. Other students review Student A's paper and provide comments. Optionally, maybe they can provide a grade but that grade should not influence the submission score given by the teacher. If I set each student's weight to 0 would that keep the student's comments and scores for Student A to see but not average those scores into the teacher's grade?

4. Other students are given some sort of participation grade for providing a review. This could be calculated as a distance from the instructor's grade and I believe that the way this is calculated works for me. 

I really don't want one student to directly influence another student's grade for my course, but even if I set up the weight for my own assessment to 16 the other students' assessments will drag down my assessment by some fractional amount. 

Is there any way to make the teacher's mark for the submission absolute, like setting the student assessment weights to 0?

Thanks for your insight into this question.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to George Self

Re: Submission Grade By Teacher Only

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It should be exactly as you describe. If you set student assessment's weight to 0 (zero), it will affect neither the Student A's submission grade, nor any other student's assessment grade. If your assessment will be the only one available, you can easily leave its weight to the default 1 (one).