Replacing live Quiz

Replacing live Quiz

by Ryan Archer -
Number of replies: 1

It's quite apparent to me that it is not possible to edit a quiz once it is live. I just need to add one additional question and I assume that I will need to clone the current quiz, then add the new question to it (obviously hiding from student view). Then take offline and archive the live quiz. Then make the clone copy live with the additional question and apply the same grades and weights to it.

Now is this as straightforward as I have suggested? I just can't find much resources out there with this information and I am just worried about messing with a live quiz whilst students could be accessing it. The admin at the school like to keep it really simple and this will most likely make the gradebook look even more complicated (I could just imagine an extra column with the quiz name repeated) and when filing the grades, it could lead to some confusion.

My other alternative is to make this extra question an assignment as it can be very easily turned into an upload question from an essay question and give it a separate assessment weighting altogether as it has to be manually marked.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

I am using Moodle version 2.6.1 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan Archer

Re: Replacing live Quiz

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You could just take the original quiz, hide it, delete any attempts, add the question and then show it again.