Where is the Cohort Sync bottom?

Where is the Cohort Sync bottom?

by Frankle Lee 李智高 -
Number of replies: 4

When I was using Moodle 2.6 I remember there is a cohort sync bottom which I can easily enroll a cohort of students into the course just the way I enroll a student.

But now I am using moodle 2.9+, I cant find the bottom. Instead, I could only use the traditional way to create cohort sync enrollment method one by one. 

Is there any way I can find my bottom back?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frankle Lee 李智高

Re: Where is the Cohort Sync button (NOT bottom)?

by Rob Rutten -

Hi,

I think I noticed the same issue and am wondering if it is a setting or the feature has been completely removed.

What I did before:

• Use the "Enrol Cohort" button to enrol the users using cohort sync on the 'Enrolled Users' page (/enrol/users.php).

Now, I don't have this option anymore an all users in de Cohort are enrolled as manual enrolments when I use the 'Enrol Users' button and select a cohort. That's not what I want.

I know I can use 'Enrolements Methods' and 'Cohort Sync' to achieve the same, but the old method was a bit faster.

Rob.

In reply to Rob Rutten

by Andrei Băutu -
Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, it's gone. According to enrol/manual/yui/quickenrolment/quickenrolment.js, the dialog only displays the "Enrol X users" button (i.e. enrol cohort is gone from source code). Too bad, as it was very helpful.

Andrei

In reply to Rob Rutten

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Now you create a cohort enrolment method.  Go to course admin/users/enrolment methods and create a cohort sync enrolment from that screen.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Greg Myles -

Hmmm.. this is frustrating - the old 'enrol cohort' button presented a much more useful dialog box with a full list of cohorts, with the number of users in each displayed along with whether each is already synced. This was very useful for our admin staff. Anyone know why this feature has gone?