badges on forum rating

badges on forum rating

by Karl Randau -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, 

is it possible to award badges if a certain rating is achieved in a forum activity? I can't find it. Neither with the event rules there is such options. 

(Edited by Mary Cooch  to clarify title- original submission Thursday, 3 September 2015, 1:18 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karl Randau

Re: badges on forum rating

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes. See below. You need to enable ratings first and then set a Pass grade. You will also need to allow students to rate each other as that's what I think you want.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Karl Randau -

ok great! One problem, I want to use aggregate of rating and 3 ratings required. Is that possible? Now one rating that is more or equal set average would be enough to pass. 

Also is it possible to only award the badge to students that excel? Like get a really good rating, more then just to pass?

In reply to Karl Randau

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have a look at the whole ratings section in Using Forum and then Ratings for aggregate types. 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Karl Randau -

I still don't find how I can get these functions:

3 ratings given to ones post for one to pass

Necessary to give 3 ratings to pass. 

That should be in the activity completion in the forum settings, but it's not. But such functions seem logical for the rating system to really work...

In reply to Karl Randau

by Mary Cooch -

Ratings are separate from Activity completion The settings for activity completion currently only allow for a grade or a pass grade, nothing more advanced. So you could enable ratings, decide the aggregate you want and then set a pass grade (rating) for the forum and then set the activity completion to be dependent on that.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Karl Randau -

Yes I know. But that means that the grade can change even after activity completion if receiving more ratings? 

And it won't still allow me to have a certain amount of ratings giving and receiving to pass. Though I can set that at least 3 replies are required, but that doesn't necessary include ratings. So then I'm back with no requirement to give rating and only 1 rating required to be received, in order to complete activity... it kind of takes away the point of ratings for me. Or they become curiosa.