manual enrolment not working

manual enrolment not working

by tim lambert -
Number of replies: 8

Hi there,

I am running Moodle 2.2 and I have enrolled manually enrolled over 250 students on a course usinng a bulk CSV upload. They are showing as enrolled under Coure Administration > Course name > Users > Enrolled Users

Under Enrolment methods for the course the only one enabled (eye open) is Manual Enrolments. However when a user tries to access the course they are getting the message:

"You can not enrol yourself in this course."

Not sure why this is happening, any ideas?

Many Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to tim lambert

Re: manual enrolment not working

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Check the date from which they have been enrolled -it might well be tomorrow. Also check they have the student role in the course.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by tim lambert -

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Mary.

Under Enrolment Methods all users are listed as:

Manual enrolments from Friday, 21 August 2015, 12:00 AM and they are all students (see screenshot attached)

Attachment enrolled users.png
In reply to tim lambert

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I mean -when does the course itself start?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by tim lambert -

Sorry I misunderstood! The course is set to start on 4th August 2015.

Also I don't have an end date enabled for users.

Thanks

Attachment manual enrolment settings.png
Attachment start date.png
In reply to tim lambert

by Mary Cooch -

When you go to the Navigation block in the course and look at participants, do you see the list of enrolled users there? 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by tim lambert -

Hi Mary

Yes it has a list of 256 participants.

In reply to tim lambert

by Mary Cooch -

OK -another time I have seen this and manual enrolment was definitely enabled was a server time issue - have a read of this tracker report and see if it helps : MDL-46751  (Bear in mind also that if your version is 2.2 then it is very much out of date, although manual enrolment should still work.)

Incidentally, your first screenshot seems to suggest that some participants did actually access the course?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by tim lambert -

Sorry for not responding sooner, I was away on holiday! Thanks for your info, in the end I un-enrolled and then bulk uploaded the users again and everything seemed to work OK! Many thanks for your help.