Failed to add event - Calendar

Failed to add event - Calendar

by Doug Moody -
Number of replies: 0

I use 2.9

When I dchoose to Manage Subscriptions on my calendar, and add a website URL from an iCal feed (our school district's) I get these (example) notices from the iCal feed:

"Calendar subscription EFMS Calendar updated

Failed to add event: First Day of School

Failed to add event: Boys' Soccer Tryouts 2:00-4:00

Failed to add event: Labor Day holiday

Failed to add event: Robotics Club 2:10 interest meeting

Failed to add event: Eating for Education"

When importing, I get the same thing.

The only thing I can imagine is that the "Type of Event" dropdown in moodle is broken. The only kind of event I can choose is "User Events" and "Site Events". But of course, there are actually four types of events. 

But should that even matter? I mean, doesn't the iCal feed identify the kind of event being imported and classify them accordingly as it imports?

I CAN add events manually, but even when doing so, I can only choose "USER" or "SITE" The odd thing is that the Events Key identifies four types of events, and the user can choose to hide all event types. 

No doubt there is a configuration file somewhere that makes all event types available. I am guessing that the iCal feed is not working because Moodle isn't allowing the types of events identified in the iCal file or URL feed. I just don't know how to enable those other event types.

Surely someone here knows the inner workings of the calendar in moodle and can help me out. Please???

Average of ratings: -