BigBlueButton will no longer load

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 5
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: BigBlueButton will no longer load

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Adele,

If the plugin is still showing default URL then yes, you are using a demo server that isn't intended for production use. 

To my knowledge Blindside provides that server as a courtesy for users to be able to test the plugin's functionality. If you want to use this plugin on a production site you'll need to setup your own BigBlueButton server or pay one of the commercial BigBlueButton providers.

The BigBlueButton website has links to several providers. We currently use BigBlueButton and host it internally. When properly configured it can support quite a few users.

In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

In reply to Deleted user

by Fred Dixon -

Hi Adele,

I'm one of the BigBlueButton developers.  The server you are using is indeed a test server and not meant for production use (though you are welcome to use it).

Recommend you reach out to the companies that provide commercial support for BigBlueButton at http://bigbluebutton.org/support.

Regards,.. Fred
--
BigBlueButton Developer

In reply to Fred Dixon

In reply to Deleted user

by Fred Dixon -

Hi Adele,

Thanks for your detailed post!  The issues you outlined are a bit intertwined -- I'll respond below 

> 2. Number two is the load time for BBB is really slow. This screen hangs for anywhere from 10 secs to indefinitely, sometimes never loading with out several refreshes.

> 3. Number three is, at the bottom of the screen it says [tunneling]. When you click on the “configuration Notification” triangle the message received is:

Your using our test-install server which is the default server for the BigBlueButtonBN plugin.  It's a single server that is shared by many people around the world who are trying out BigBlueButton.  As such, the client may load slower at times.

We also use the server to sometimes test different configurations of BigBlueButton, which helps us improve BigBlueButton for everyone.

We just changed the configuration on the server and I think you'll find it will load more quickly.

> 1. Number one is, sometimes we have webcam capabilities and other times we don’t.

This is probably a byproduct of (2) and (3) above.

Again, after the recent changes we made to the configuration, you should find it loading much quicker.  Give it a try and let us know.

> I have not found any negative comments about Big Blue Button

Nice!

We've been working on BigBlueButton for seven years now.  

Our focus has been providing remote students a high-quality on-line users experience.  The integration with Moodle, and the interaction with the Moodle community, is very important to us.  

We are very determined to provide the Moodle community with a high-quality open source web conferencing system for on-line learning.

Again, thanks for your detailed feedback.  Much appreciated.

Regards,... Fred

--
BigBlueButton Developer

Average of ratings: Useful (1)