Uloading of presentation documents to BigBlueButton and recording not working

Uloading of presentation documents to BigBlueButton and recording not working

by Zoran Jančić -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello everyone!

I recently installed Moodle 2.9 on one machine and BigBlueButton 0.9.1 on the other. I also installed both BigBlueButton Moodle plugins and configured to use my BigBlueButton server. Users can enter the meeting, share microphone, camera, desktop,... but moderators can't upload any presentation files or start the recording. When a moderator tries to upload file, it says that it is 100% uploaded but then nothing happens. uploading Windows stays active and the rest of the users interface blured (like the upload is still in progress). I can't find any recording option, although I ticked "record meeting" option in BigBlueButtonBN settings. Java plugin is latest version as well as Flash. Client machine is Windows 8.1 64-bit. The same problems happen with different browsers (IE, Chrome) and with all file formats (PDF, DOC, PPT).

Anyone else encountered simillar problems? Any possible solutions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zoran Jančić

Re: Uloading of presentation documents to BigBlueButton and recording not working

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ted,

Hopefully you found a solution already, but in case anyone else finds this post I wanted to mention some testing steps that anyone running their own BigBlueButton server should try first. I recommend installing the BigBlueButton API demos on the server and testing BigBlueButton using the demos.

If you run into problems using the demos it's probably your BigBlueButton setup at fault. Then you should head over to the BigBlueButton discussion groups for help.

- Jeremy