Remove Embedded videos

Remove Embedded videos

by Michelle Metzler -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, I am running version 2.7 of Moodle.  I am creating a resource page of videos and I wouldlike to use links instead of embedded videos.  In version 2.7 I see the following.  

embedded video --image not working

In version 2.9, where I am taking a MOCC introduction to Moodle -- version 2.9, I see exactly what I want.

vidoer links working

I copied the text from Moodle 2.7 into Moodle 2.9 ad it worked great.  Then I copied the text from Moodle 2.9 into Moodle 2.7 and it showed the embedded video.

I have turned off multimedia plugins at the course and page level but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Attachment embedded -not working as a link.jpg
Attachment working links.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michelle Metzler

Re: Remove Embedded videos

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Does your 2.7 site have any extra filters in it such as the Poodll filter?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Michelle Metzler -

I was just told we do not use that filter. 

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thats a bit odd. 

If you just copy and paste text from the page or text editor then you can sometimes pull in html tags that are invisible to you, but that still "work" when displayed. 

Try making a brand new page and inserting a video link. Does that display properly as a link (and not a video)? If so you might be best to go into html source mode on the editor, and fix up the html. Or just redo the page manually from scratch.

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Michelle Metzler -

Hi everyone,  Thank you for taking the time to assist me. I was told today that a plugin adjustment was made and it is working correctly. 

Again thank you

Michelle