Course completion when a section has either/or resources

Course completion when a section has either/or resources

by Josiah Carberry -
Number of replies: 0

I would like to use the plugin that allows you to make something available or based based on whether the course has been completed - in this case, the final exam. My issue is with how to define a course as being completed. In each section, I have a video that must be played. I use the videofile plugin for that, especially for the automatic resizing of the screen. Now here is the problem. I have found that the minimum resolution video that I want to use, at 480p, will not play on certain devices - in particular on certain Android phones, so I have made a second, lower resolution version of each video for those students who cannot play the higher resolution version. To complete a section, the student must view either one or the other video.

But, the course completion criteria screen does not allow for such either/or logic, so far as I can see. I am aware that such logic is available in the Restrict Access function, and this is a fallback position for me. But it is complicated and hard to maintain.

So, does anyone have a simpler way of meeting the requirements of a) having a video of at least 480p that plays on all Windows, Mac and Linux browsers, as well as other IOS and Android devices that might not be able to play videos at that resolution; and b) not allowing the final exam to be taken until the course is completed?

Average of ratings: -